2g 1 clove of garlic, finely chopped
45g juice and grated rind of 1 lemon
125g 1/2 cup(125ml) water or dry white wine
8g 2tsp (10ml) Olive Oil
6g 1tsp (5ml) Salt
5 sprigs Thyme or 2tsp dried Thyme
Black pepper to taste
Preheat the oven to 180 C.
Remove skin and all fat from chicken
Place chicken and sweet potatoes in an oven dish.
Mix the rest of the ingredients and pour over the chicken and sweet potatoes.
Cover with foil and bake for 20 minutes.
Remove foil ke for another 20 minutes or until or until chicken and sweet potatoes are cooked.
Serve with a salad.
400g ostrich or extra lean beef mince, 1 egg, chopped parsley, 1/2 onion chopped
1 teaspoon mustard, 1-2 table spoon oats to bind
Add masala, salt, pepper, dried chilli to taste
Form meat balls and fry in a non stick pan with very little olive or coconut oil/spray
TIP: if you think you need to put in more oil - rather add a few drops water
Enjoy 1 for snack with some cucumber or have 2 as a main meal with a mixed salad or stirfry
Protein cookies / salty
Mix 250ml low cottage cheese with 2 eggs and 2 scoops of Herbalife Personalized Protein Powder.
Add spices (chilli, herbs, cumin, salt) to taste.
If you like you can add crumbled fat free feta or tuna or lean diced bacon or diced ham or pumpkin seeds.
Add oats to bind and then make cookies with a spoon on a baking tray.
Bake approx 20min on 180 degrees.
Lentil-tuna loaf - recipe per person = 1x main or 2-3x snack -
1 cup lentils (Iike mixed brown and red) cook medium.
Take 1 tin of tuna.
1 cup of chopped veggies (I took carrot and spinach - just look what is in the fridge😜)
mix 2 eggs -
mix all togehter and add spices / chilli / curry paste / ginger to taste -
fill in a baking tray/bowl and bake for approx 30-40 min.
Enjoy with a nice salad of chopped spinach/tomato/cucumber.
Eat as main or snack.
I prepared a double portion and put some portions for snack in the deep freezer.
- 1/2 tin chickpeas with chopped cucumber/coriander
- 125g low fat or no fat cottage cheese with cucumber sticks
- 1 low fat yogurt with 1 green apple
- 1/2 tin tuna mixed with 1/4 avocado and chopped cucumber
- 125g low fat cottage cheese with chives and 1 carrot cut in sticks
- 1 low fat yogurt with 1 naartjie
- 1 Herbalife protein bar with 1 orange
- 1/2 cup of cooked lentils with lemon juice to taste, coriander, chilli
- 1/2 cup of cooked lupin beans with 1 chopped green pepper
- 1/2 Herbalife Express Bar and 1 green apple
- 1/2 tin tuna with 1 chopped tomato and parsley, lemon juice to taste
- 1 Herbalife protein bar with 1 green apple
- 1 boiled egg with 1 green pepper in slices
- 1 Herbalife protein bar and 1 green apple
- 30g lean biltong and 10cm cucumber
- 1 boiled egg with 1 tomato
- 1/2 tin chick peas pr white bean with chopped cucumber/coriander/lemon juice/chilli to taste
- 1/2 cup cooked quinoa with 1/2 grated apple, cinnamon to taste
- 2 tuna fish cakes and 10cm cucumber with chilli/lemon juice to taste
- Chopped fried onions with 1/2 tin tuna and fresh parsley and 1 chopped tomato - fry in pan (spray pan with oil). Enjoy warm or cold
250ml Fat Free Cottage Cheese
Little low fat/lactose free milk
2 scoops Herbalife Gourmet Tomato Soup
A few drops of Tabasco
Mix all together
1/2 portion as snack (15g protein) for 1 person with cucumber sticks
or serve on slices of cucumber for your guests.
Also nice for a healthy dip option on a platter for guests with different vegetables.